Choosing the perfect business domain name is crucial for building a successful brand online. It helps audiences remember your brand and represents your company’s value proposition. Business domain names matter.
Compelling business domain names can also help boost your online presence, leading to higher website traffic. However, searching for the perfect domain can be challenging and time-consuming.
To help ease the process, this article will explore why domain names are important for business and share a definitive guide to researching the best domain names.
Why Business Domain Names Are Important for Businesses
Before we jump into the steps on how to effectively research business domain names, here are the reasons why good business domain names are essential for businesses:
- Memorability – it helps visitors to remember and access your website easily.
- Credibility – it improves your credibility and makes your business site appear more professional and trustworthy. It is essentially your company’s digital business address.
- Branding – it communicates a strong brand image to your audience and represents your brand identity.
- SEO – it can improve your search engine optimization (SEO) performance, particularly if incorporating relevant keywords to the domain name.
How to Research and Find the Best Business Domain Names
While researching takes time, it is a vital step to choosing perfect business domain names. There are various aspects to consider, from domain registration to finding the perfect domain extension.
To streamline the process, follow our definitive six-step guide below.
1. Keep Business Domain Names Short
When it comes to domain length, shorter domains are considered more valuable as they are easier to remember, can prevent typos, and are overall more marketable. Compared to longer domains, a short domain helps you build brand recognition faster for your target markets.
To create good short business domain names, consider these tips:
- Use a brandable domain that is catchy and unique.
- Avoid hyphens, numbers, and special characters.
- Aim for six to fifteen characters that can contain one to three words.
Short business domain names also excellent for domain investing. If you no longer need it, you can sell it on domain marketplaces such as Sedo, Flippa, and Domain.com. Many domain investors use these platforms to flip domains – the practice of buying a new domain at a low price and selling it for profit.
2. Pick from a Domain Name Generator
Since many business domain names are already registered, you might find that your desired business domain names are unavailable. However, manually searching for alternative domain names may be time-consuming. That’s why using a domain or blog name generator is the perfect solution to quicken the process.
These free tools automatically find the perfect business name ideas based on the specific phrases or niche you enter. For example, the Zyro Business Name Generator suggests different name ideas for your site based on relevant keywords.
Before choosing one, remember to check the domain availability and avoid using names similar to other existing domains, as this can make your site difficult to rank on search engines.
3. Research Existing Domain Registrars
Finding a reliable domain registrar for your business website is essential. Many registrars provide different features and services, so you’ll need to find one that offers the right support and renewal policies for your business.
Here are some aspects to consider:
- ICANN accreditation – ensure that the domain registrar is legal and adheres to domain regulations.
- Domain transfers – find a registrar that offers easy domain transfers.
- Security – ensure that it provides authentication and robust security protocols to prevent domain hijacking.
- Data privacy – make sure it offers domain privacy protection to safeguard your personal information.
- Pricing – ensure it offers transparent pricing policies, such as the cost of domain registrations, transfers, and renewals.
The safe bet is to opt for popular registrars with a good reputation and credibility, such as Hostinger and GoDaddy. Note that most web hosting providers offer a free domain name with their hosting plans.
4. Use the Same Domain Name as Your Business Name
While matching business domain names to company names is not a requirement, it is an excellent way to strengthen your branding and market your products or services.
Additionally, we recommend incorporating all your business’ web pages under one domain name as it brings many benefits, such as easier accessibility, branding consistency, and backlink opportunities. For instance, opt for example.com/blog rather than blog.example.com so that users can access your content without leaving your site.
Using just one domain for all your web pages, such as the landing, blog, clients, and contact page makes it easier for search engines to crawl and index. This is crucial to boost your company site’s position on search rankings and its domain’s authority.
5. Do Keyword Research When Choosing Business Domain Names
Keywords are an important element in business domain names. They help search engines and users find your website. So, we recommend including target keywords in your domain and site content.
Ensure that the keywords are relevant and match your business niche and target audience. If your online business focuses on a specific product or service, try to use a partial or exact match domain (EMD) to boost its ranking on search results. Great examples include hotels.com, carinsurance.com, and privatejetcharter.com.
6. Choose Your Top-Level Domain
Each extension is often used for different types of websites. For example, .org is popular for non-profit organization websites, while .uk is a country code domain (ccTLD) for the United Kingdom.
When choosing a TLD for your business website, we recommend using .com as it is the most common domain extension. Compared to other TLDs, it is the one most likely to drive high traffic to your website. However, .com domain extensions are usually pricier due to their popularity.
Alternatively, you can opt for a more affordable TLD that can still offer credibility to your domain name, like .site, .net, and .tech.
Whatever your business size or type, finding the perfect domain name is crucial for establishing an online presence. It will become part of your brand identity and influence potential customers’ first impression of your company.
For these reasons, we’ve shown you how to research and find the perfect domain for your business. Here is a quick recap:
- Create short business domain names.
- Utilize a domain name generator.
- Find a reliable domain registrar.
- Use the same domain as your business name.
- Include keywords in your business domain names.
- Pick a top-level domain (TLD).
Now that you know how to find the best business domain names, it’s time to launch your company’s online presence. Good luck!
Author Bio: Kevin White is a freelance blogger. He’s got experience in writing quality pieces on various topics. You may feel free to reach out to him at GuestpostingNinja@gmail.com for collaboration suggestions.
The post Business Domain Names: Definitive Guide to Research the Best appeared first on Credit Suite.